Monday, January 20, 2014


Spicy Lime Pepitas




These Pepitas are my secret ingredient to so many things!  You can use them to pack as a snack for a handful when you're hungry, top pasta, tacos or mexican flavor dishes or any other food dishes that lime and spice would maximize the flavor.  Of course last but not least, my favorite... salads.  They are SO good!

Ingredients:
3 cups raw pepitas
4 limes
1/2 teas black pepper
1/2 teas cayenne
1 teas pink himalayan sea salt

I put the 3 cups of pepitas in a pan over medium and let them brown while I mix up the juice.
I stir often so they don't burn.



While they are cooking I mix up the juice, I use a lime squeezer to get the juice out easily and not waste.  Then I throw in the seasonings and mix it around.
 As the pepitas begin to brown and start to get done (I like them a bit crispy) I throw in the juice mixture and stir it around until well coated and no longer liquid.  Then I turn off the burner and let them sit on the stove stirring occasionally until dry.

I put them in a glass airtight container and store for salads, snacks and toppings :)

One thing to note:  Lime juice concentrate is not the same.  It has chemicals added.  I only use FRESH limes!



No comments:

Post a Comment