Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Turkey Cabbage Dinner- Healthy 21 Day Fix approved Dinner!



 Turkey Cabbage Dinner

Someone posted a similiar recipe in one of my challenge groups and it looked really good!  I didn't have all the details so I thought I would share what I did, wow this turned out DELICIOUS!

24 oz of organic free range turkey
1 tbsn unrefined coconut oil
1 cup of brown rice 
1 onion
1/2 garlic cloves
1 small cabbage, chopped 
2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1 tomato paste (8 oz)
1/2 cup water
1 teas ground black pepper
1 teas pink hem sea salt
seasonings

I cooked the rice separately so since it takes a bit more time I started that first in it's on pan.  I made 4-6 servings which is 2 cups water and 1 cup rice but you can make however many you would like in case you want to save extra for later.  It takes 50 minutes to simmer and then 10 minutes to sit with the lid still on.



Start Grilling the turkey in the coconut oil and this is where I add extra seasonings, I used Trader Joe's 21 seasonings, a little cayenne and garlic and onion powder.  I use organic seasonings for the most part without extra additives.


 I chopped up the onion and garlic and threw it in with the turkey and the seasonings and cooked it until done, no need to over cook.
 I transferred the turkey mixture to a pot and added the rest of the ingredients, simmered on low about 30 minutes.  This was perfect timing because that's about what the rice had left once I had all the ingredients added.


Covered while simmering.



Brown Rice is done!


No comments:

Post a Comment